Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Answer By Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser

R’ Yosi was disturbed. “I am telling you things that are factual and significant; and you are telling me of the supernatural, that from Heaven they will have mercy on you [meaning that R’ Chanina is relying on a miracle]. I would be surprised if they don’t burn you and the Torah in the fire.”

R’ Chanina said to R’ Yosi: “Where do I stand in regard to olam haba?”

So R’ Yosi replied, “Did you ever find yourself placed in a challenging situation?”

R’ Chanina replied in the affirmative, that his personal Purim money had once become mixed up with the general tzedakah funds, and he dispensed all the money to the poor, without trying to recover his own share.

So R’ Yosi said to R’ Chanina: “If that is so, let my portion in Torah be from your share, and let my lot and maasim tovim be from your lot.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thing Rabbi, you bring allways right things in right moment ! Me and my children enjoy on reading your words. Thank You

Anonymous said...

Such distinct feeling, that's You, and only You

Anonymous said...

I can almost hear Your voice telling the story, it's mach with your personality

Anonymous said...

it is not easy for a person to finde such example ! You are choosing those who are similar to You. Thanks Rabbi

Anonymous said...

You got a new readers, recently we discovered Your blog and it's grate !

Anonymous said...

All your words are choozen with attention and love. Thank You

Anonymous said...

Not easy always to be actual, but you succeed ! Kol hakavod !

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with the way of telling the story

Anonymous said...

Without your text the day want be the same.